Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! And to all of my international friends, please go make yourself some stuffing and potatoes and join in on the celebration 🙂
So far this morning, I have been running around like a mad woman trying to get everything prepped and ready for the gang to get here. The turkey is roasting away, the potatoes are peeled, the appetizers are set, the desserts are made, and I finally put some presentable clothes on. Now, it is time to count my blessings.
Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks. So many times throughout the year, I [and many other people] forget how fortunate they really are. Here are some things I am thankful for…
1. My family: They are truly amazing. They are the most supportive, nonjudgmental, funny, crazy, silly, and loving humans I know. Maybe I am biased…but they are great! Love you guys!
2. Living in Southern California: Seriously though, this place is paradise. Today it is 90 degrees. In the middle of November. While I have never been able to experience a white Christmas, or the changing of the leaves in the Fall, I truly do love the sunshine. The environmentalist in me is kind of worried about this kind of weather though. Global climate change!!!!!
3.Completing my bachelors degree in May: I have one more semester until I am finished with my bachelors degree. Now I have to find a job…Lets pray for that to happen very soon!
4. Health: Health is SO important. We take for granted the everyday things we are able to get done. This past week, my mom has been hit with a serious case of vertigo for the first time ever. It has been awful and really taken a toll on her. It made me realize how important taking care of ourselves really is!
5. Internet shopping: I am NOT happy about all of the stores opening on Thanksgiving day. I think its sad actually and do not want to participate. Although, I am a crazy Black Friday shopper. I usually don’t even buy anything, but I love to be out with the masses! Its so exciting! This year though, I really wanted to buy a DSLR camera, and Best Buy had a crazy sale on one. It turned out that they offered the same sale online, so I woke up
early in the middle of the night and got it ordered. Mission accomplished!
6. You! Anyone who reads my blog means so much to me! I am a new blogger and just getting a start, so anyone who cares to listen makes my hearts smile! Thanks so much. It means more than you could imagine.
There are so many other things that I am thankful for, that I could be typing for days on end.
Happy Thanksgiving or Thursday everyone. Remember to reflect on everything you are thankful for.
Be sure to check out the other thoughts!